What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that allow websites and apps to store certain data on your computer, tablet or mobile. They help provide important features and functionality on websites and mobile apps. We place our own cookies, and with our permission cookies may be placed by other organisations.
Cookies help us to understand how our websites are being used. For example, to test different web page designs.
Website analytics, including Google Analytics allow us to collect anonymous and non-personal browsing information and to analyse trends. For example, how many people visit the website, pages viewed and most popular destinations.
To deliver online advertising that is relevant to you. For example, to suggest holidays you may be interested in or products you might like. These cookies may collect data about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from and your search preferences. You may see our adverts on other organisations’ websites. To improve the relevance of online advertising we may combine data we collect through cookies with other data we have collected.
Cookies help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing activity as they can tell us which adverts you have seen, and when. This information allows us to measure their effectiveness for example, by telling us if you have opened a marketing email or help us control the number of times you are shown an advert so it doesn’t become too repetitive.
Detailed information about managing cookies can be found on theand websites.
How to check if cookies are enabled on:
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ application from your home screen.
- Find and tap on the ‘Safari’ menu item.
- Under the ‘Privacy & Security’ section tap on the ‘Block cookies’ menu item.
- Select any option other than ‘Always block’.
Android internet browsers
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ application from your home screen or under ‘Apps’.
- Under the ‘Device’ section tap on the ‘Applications’ menu item.
- Find and tap the ‘Internet’ menu item.
- Find and tap the ‘Privacy’ menu item. Enable ‘Accept cookies’.